Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

The New Field

© Jinyoung Lee  Dreamstime Stock Photos


The New Field
Copyright, Josephine Kennedy 2013

Once, there was a dark field. It was super quiet, and no animals lived there. There was very little grass, and no flowers because they couldn't grow without the sun. The field had trash all over the grass and a smell of rotten garbage.

One day a boy came along. His name was Sam, and he was six years old. He has black hair and was very short and skinny. He was nice and kind. Sam felt sorry for the field and he wanted to help.

First, he cleaned up all the trash, and then he went home to get some flower seeds to plant. He came back with the seeds the next day, and planted them in the ground. A few days later, he came back and the seeds had sprouted. While he waited for his plants to grow, he sang to them. He read to them; he also played music for them. Soon, his plants had grown to become beautiful flowers.

Now the field was very beautiful. It had grass and flowers; the sun shone and animals lived there. Then Sam went to get his mother and father, to show them how beautiful his flowers looked. They said, "This looks very beautiful." And Sam was very happy.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love it! Fantastic job...keep them coming I can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am glad you like it; I was very nervous because this is the first story that I have published. It gives me a good feeling and now I'm not as nervous as I was before. Thank you! I'm glad you think I did well.

      Delete
  2. So proud of you, Josephine! Love, Mrs. Christy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am glad you liked my story! I am very glad you are proud of me! Thanks for encouraging me!

      Delete
  3. You described your story so well that I could easily imagine the field, when it was dirty and when it was beautiful. I enjoyed the easy flow that the story had, with a clear beginning, middle and end, and the character of Sam, with his good heart. I look forward to more stories from you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am actually about to put up another one.

      Delete